Thursday, November 15, 2007

MIRACLE LIST

I imagine that the widow who came to Elisha (II Kings 4) must certainly have said something like this, "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Her husband, who had served God, was dead, and her debts were so great that the creditors were threatening to take her two sons as slaves. All she had was a pot of oil. Elisha told her and her sons to borrow all the vessels they could find. You will remember that when she poured the oil into the vessels, she was able to fill them all! When the vessels were gone, the oil stopped. At the end of the day, the oil, when sold, would pay off the debts, and the remainder would support the widow and her children! She needed a miracle, and she got one.

Have you ever been in a spot which seemed as hopeless of the widow's? I have to say that in God's mercy my needs have never been as desperate as hers, but I ask the Lord for things that essentially need a miracle. These are requests that in all honesty I have trouble believing will ever happen. In fact, they won't happen unless God does it. I put these things on my special "miracle list." Nearly every day I have to say "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief," and "Thy will be done." We must remember that we have the same God as Elisha had; and He is a miracle-working God. Let's ask Him for miracles.

No comments: